You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-20 08:05:09

jayd3e

Having Problems with wpa_supplicant

So for some reason wpa_supplicant occassionally works for me, but for the great majority of the time does not.  I feel as though I have tried everything.  At the moment, I have a very simple configuration.  My wpa_supplicant.conf is the standard home network config in the documentation:

# allow frontend (e.g., wpa_cli) to be used by all users in 'wheel' group
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel
#
# home network; allow all valid ciphers
network={
    ssid="home"
    scan_ssid=1
    key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
    psk="very secret passphrase"
}

Here is what happens when I run wpa_supplicant:
http://pastebin.com/6W48wD2v

Needless to say, when I run dhclient, it isn't able to get an IP, and just times out.

EDIT:  It is important to note that my ssid is "AFK - Fucking Bitches."  It also seems that I cutoff the very last portion of the log, before wpa_supplicant goes into an indefinite loop.  It goes on to blacklist the AP that I want to connect to, just fyi.  That log should give you pretty much everything though.

EDIT:  It is also important to note that I am using a AE1000 wireless adapter, with the RT3572sta module installed.

Last edited by jayd3e (2011-03-20 17:51:19)

#2 2011-03-21 04:16:50

jayd3e

Re: Having Problems with wpa_supplicant

So I fixed it.  In the wiki when it says that all network managers (including other wpa_supplicant daemons) need to be killed before running wpa_supplicant, it really means it!  I was having a number of issues, but the biggest one being, I was starting multiple instances of wpa_supplicant as daemons with the -B flag.

Board footer