You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-21 23:42:38

rhavenn

samba and DFS shares?

I'm trying to access some DFS shares via samba and not having any luck.

I've got the following installed:

samba 3.5.8 from extra (re-installed after installing the 2 below)
keyutils (AUR PKGBUILD)
cifs-utils (cifs.upcall in /usr/local/sbin/; installed by hand; /usr/local/ prefix)

I run the following and get:

mount.cifs //namespace/shared/home/xyz/userhomedir /home/user/mounts/home/ --verbose -o user=username,dom=DOM,uid=xys,gid=abc,sec=ntlmv2
Password: XXXX
mount error(95): Operation not supported                                                                                                                                                                  

I tried a sec value of krb5 as well. I've been able to join my computer to the local AD realm and accessing regular shares isn't an issue. I've read that DFS shares have been problematic / buggy. Anyone have any luck getting them setup?

My request-key.conf is setup:

#OP     TYPE    DESCRIPTION     CALLOUT INFO    PROGRAM ARG1 ARG2 ARG3 ...
#====== ======= =============== =============== ===============================
create  user    debug:*         negate          /usr/bin/keyctl negate %k 30 %S
create  user    debug:loop:*    *               |/bin/cat
create  user    debug:*         *               /usr/share/keyutils/request-key-debug.sh %k %d %c %S
negate  *       *               *               /usr/bin/keyctl negate %k 30 %S

#cifs upcall
create cifs.spnego      *       *               /usr/local/sbin/cifs.upcall -t %k
create dns_resolver     *       *               /usr/local/sbin/cifs.upcall -t %k

Any other steps to try? thoughts? or is this just not going to happen for the moment? I can access the share directly, but it's nice to have the DFS share setup / working.

Thanks.

#2 2011-09-21 12:33:10

danilo
Website

Re: samba and DFS shares?

I have the same problem, same setup. Did you find any solution?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows." - George Orwell

Board footer