You are not logged in.

#1 2011-03-28 04:02:46

dryce

[Solved] Trouble Viewing Samba Shares

I'm using KDE 4.6 on a x64 Arch system with all of the latest updates. I am trying to access Windows 7 shared media. If I navigate to the address in dolphin the shares are there and accessible. I'm using smb4k in an effort to mount the shares transparently for use with Banshee and other non KIO apps. The odd thing is is that smb4k sees the machine, but cannot list the shares. I'm using a default Samba config file and setup smbnetfs via instructions in the wiki. Fuse is listed in the modules array of rc.conf and smbnetfs is listed in DAEMONS. Output of smbtree:

dryce@myhost ~]$ smbtree
Enter dryce's password: 
WORKGROUP
        \\WINDOWSMACHINE1
cli_start_connection: failed to connect to WINDOWSMACHINE1<20> (0.0.0.0). Error NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL 

Output of smbclient -L 192.168xxx

[dryce@myhost ~]$ smbclient -L 192.168.xxx
Enter dryce's password: 
Domain=[WINDOWSMACHINE1] OS=[Windows 7 Home Premium 7601 Service Pack 1] Server=[Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1]

Sharename       Type      Comment
        ---------       ----      -------
        ADMIN$          Disk      Remote Admin
        C$              Disk      Default share
        E$              Disk      Default share
        HP Officejet 6300 series Printer   HP Officejet 6300 series
        IPC$            IPC       Remote IPC
        iTunes Music    Disk      
        Movies          Disk      
        Music           Disk      
        print$          Disk      Printer Drivers
        Tivo Programs   Disk      
        Users           Disk      
session request to 192.168.1.102 failed (Called name not present)
session request to 192 failed (Called name not present)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Called name not present)
NetBIOS over TCP disabled -- no workgroup available 

This configuration works fine in gnome, so I don't think there is a problem with the Windows 7 machine, but something incorrectly configured within KDE. NetBios is enabled despite what it says there. I'm sure I've left something out, please feel free to let me know. Any ideas here would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by dryce (2011-03-29 20:19:21)

#2 2011-03-29 20:17:54

dryce

Re: [Solved] Trouble Viewing Samba Shares

After fighting with this for awhile, I finally got it working. The smbtree error was apparently being caused by OpenDNS and their typo correction section. I disabled this entirely. The error message went away and printed network shares normally. The second error:

session request to 192.168.xxx failed (Called name not present)
session request to 192 failed (Called name not present)
session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Called name not present)
NetBIOS over TCP disabled -- no workgroup available

still happens and I have no idea why. I was able to get the shares to appear and become accessible in smb4k by enabling kdewallet first. Then going into configure smb4k and selecting "Master Browser requires authentication to return the browse list" in Network and in Super User selecting "Use super user privileges to mount and unmount shares". The shares don't appear under samba shares in KDE's Network location so maybe that's where the above error comes in.

Board footer