You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-07 11:45:32

natostanco

virtualbox guest additions no clue

I tried following the wiki, but after installed the packages i cannot find anything related to virtualbox in /usr/lib/ .....
So I removed those packages and installed the additions from oracle...now
I have added modules to the modules array in rc.conf
and have added the VBoxClient-all in my `/.xinitrc  , but i am not able to use functions like seamless and autoresize...
On an archlinux guest from windows host.
Also i have some doubts about the ~/.xinitrc , should i add the line from root or from another user? can you please explain me what is the strict procedures to get additions to work?

#2 2011-04-07 14:00:11

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: virtualbox guest additions no clue

what wiki link did you follow. Can you post the link?

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2011-04-07 16:38:47

mandog

You are using windows as your host correct
and installed arch as a virtual machine correct
1st guest additions work do not work in all distros. saying that Arch does for me i don't use seamless mode i use fullscreen which is wall to wall.
If you are use a desktop environment In your guest virtual machine to install guest additions you click on devices at the top of the window decoration  then guest additions that will bring them up as a cd image in your file browser d/click on the cd icon to open and you will see VboxLinuxAdditions.run  you need to open a terminal and "cd into that location something like" cd /media/" then #"sh  VboxLinuxAdditions.run" (# means as root root) that should install guest additions reboot your done nothing else to do.

I'm dyslexic Please do not complain about puntuation or spelling and remember most dyslexic people have above average iq.

#4 2011-04-08 20:50:15

natostanco

the xorg from testing repository is giving problems, i have tried downgrading to the stable one and all things are working fine, do you know why?

anyway now i have seamless mouse integration and auto resize, but i would appreciate to get 3d working too...

Last edited by natostanco (2011-04-08 20:54:09)

Board footer