You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-13 17:20:34

wudu

Yaourt => no system response anymore

Hi, I already posted my problem in the German forum.

If I run yaourt it takes a few seconds then the cpu usage raises, I get heavy hdd access and the system stays with no response (I can't even move the mouse, cancel yaourt with CTL + c or switch to console with CTRL + F1).
It happens with any options even wit -h. The only thing I can do is to push the reset button. Pacman works with no problems.

After reset fsck says / is clean but /home is not.

Yaourt is version 0.10.1-2 updated in the end of march. I used it often with no problems since then.

In the German forun i got a hint that yaourt heavily works in /tmp so I checked hdd usage and free inodes, thats not the problem.

#2 2011-04-13 17:22:41

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Yaourt => no system response anymore

I do not know what the cause of the error might be, but check your xorg logs and dmesg to see if something is giving you a problem.

have you tried other AUR helpers like clyde ? Maybe its time to switch wink

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2011-04-13 19:37:42

wudu

Re: Yaourt => no system response anymore

Thanks for your reply.

Nothing found in dmesg and xorg log.

Clyde works and I will use it from now on. Perhaps I'll type yaourt instead of clyde in near future. big_smile
I have found the AUR-Helper wiki, I didn't know that there are so much alternatives because there was no need for it until yaourt stopped working.

Board footer