You are not logged in.

#1 2011-04-13 18:55:01

fini_fly
Website

Chromium missing icon in Gnome 3 application list [SOLVED]

I have no idea what is up with this, but my chromium install (10.0.648.204 (0)) in Gnome 3 has no icon in the application list. The chromium.desktop file was originally pointing to a file in my home directory, however, i have since changed this to the generic "chromium", which hasn't changed anything.

I am completely at a loss here, and I've tried reinstalling the program, but to no avail. It wouldn't necessarily be a problem, but I have no idea how to edit the application list in Gnome 3, so if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by fini_fly (2011-04-14 13:31:25)

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals... except the weasel.

#2 2011-04-13 19:38:49

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Chromium missing icon in Gnome 3 application list [SOLVED]

moved to [testing]

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2011-04-14 13:31:06

fini_fly
Website

Re: Chromium missing icon in Gnome 3 application list [SOLVED]

So I figured it out... turns out that the default gnome icon set does not include a chromium icon, but the icons are located in the hicolor theme set. I just copied over the icons, made sure the chromium.desktop file had icon=chromium, logged out and in, and now I can see the icon.

Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals... except the weasel.

Board footer