You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-11 09:09:31

mrz87

Not a real problem anymore, but a weird Apache behavior wrt .php files

Hello everyone. Yesterday I was trying to set up an ordinary LAMP server in my VPS, running Arch (first time ever touching apache). After all was said and done, and apache and PHP were correctly configured following the Arch Wiki, I tried to get some things like phpmyadmin and ampache running, but I found out that my browser was asking me to download either a login.php file or an index.php file (to be more specific: I added a test.php file in /srv/http and that was interpreted correctly and I could see all the information as intented; if i pointed my browser to /phpmyadmin or /ampache though I would see the first page but after trying to, for example, logging in with phpmyadmin I'd get the download prompt). I googled around and yes, everything was configured as it should have, I had the AddHandler directive in the apache conf file and all that jazz. This morning, I log in, I start apache (since it wasn't working I figured that I might as well shut it down for the night and yes, while testing and setting up things yesterday I restarted the daemon every time) and everything works as it should: ampache lets me create my configuration, phpmyadmin lets me see my DBs and everything works. So, the problem apparently fixed itself, or at least the weird behavior I was witnessing is no more. Is there any specific reason for this? I wouldn't want to start from scratch (and I probably will, since I like to mess up a lot, that's how i learn!) to perhaps find myself in this spot again and not know what to do!

Last edited by mrz87 (2011-05-11 09:12:21)

#2 2011-05-12 05:21:00

sporkexec

Re: Not a real problem anymore, but a weird Apache behavior wrt .php files

This was a problem with apache-2.2.17-2. Don't worry, it's fixed for good.
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24208

Board footer