You are not logged in.

#1 2011-05-25 09:05:24

wolfdogg

[Solved] networking to pc, need help setting up a share

im trying to set up a file share, i right click on my user directory, which is mounted on an alternate partition, and i go to sharing, then i set it to share, it asks me for a password, and offers me to ignore as well, but either way, once i enter the root password, or hit ignore, it does nothing.  is something broken, or am i missing permissions, or an installation of another module? 

i have samba installed, but i didnt change the default config, i might have changed one line, ill have to check tomorrow when im back on the box. i just copied the samba.conf.default to samba.conf.

note, i do have the pc's listed inside the workgroups when navigating through samba in the network file manager.

Last edited by wolfdogg (2011-05-31 22:49:32)

Node.js, PHP Software Architect and Engineer (Full-Stack/DevOps)
GitHub  | LinkedIn

#2 2011-05-25 13:35:06

stryder

Re: [Solved] networking to pc, need help setting up a share

Perhaps you should start by reading the wiki on samba.

#3 2011-05-25 22:07:42

wolfdogg

Re: [Solved] networking to pc, need help setting up a share

i have been pouring through documentation in the days past to get this far.  i thought i was doing pretty good honestly.  how much documentation do i ahve to read?  i got it installed.  once something is installed, and i click a feature and nothing happens, are you suggesting that i go back to the books?  and if so, at what point in your opinion warrants asking for help? 

---------------------------------
edit
somehow i got it fixed, wish i could add details

Last edited by wolfdogg (2011-05-31 22:51:12)

Node.js, PHP Software Architect and Engineer (Full-Stack/DevOps)
GitHub  | LinkedIn

Board footer