You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-07 04:04:42

xangelux

[SOLVED] pg_connect() undefined fatal even when all is there

I'm trying to get php, postgresql and apache2 working but when i try to connect throug pg_connect() the apache server complains:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pg_connect()

I've been throug all forums and wikis and I'm shure i have the correct settings.

php.ini has the extension=pgsql.so thing, phpinfo() displays '--with-pdo-pgsql=shared' '--with-pdo-sqlite=shared,/usr' '--with-pgsql=shared' on the configuration part and php-pgsql is installed. Nowhere says what to do in this case, can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by xangelux (2011-07-06 01:53:55)

#2 2011-07-06 01:53:28

xangelux

Re: [SOLVED] pg_connect() undefined fatal even when all is there

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"#$% finally i found the answer, the problem is PHP is looking for extensions in the EXTENSIONS directory but... here it comes... "THEY CHANGED THE EXTENSIONS TO DIR MODULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!" WTF?????? HUGGEE BUG.

Ok so, the workarround is:

$ su -
Password:
# ln -s /usr/lib/php/modules /usr/lib/php/extensions

And then edit your /etc/php/php.ini and change the extension_dir to "/usr/lib/php/extensions/"

That's it, this is for every extension that doesn't work (I've tryed uncomment others with the same result until i did this)

If someone tryed to search for it, thanks for your effort, for those who suffered like me, here is your answer. If this doesn't work let me know, maybe i did something else to my system too.

Board footer