You are not logged in.

#1 2011-06-13 22:56:30

wolfdogg

[SOLVED] mount mess in KDE

i have a collection of mounts in my network window.  some valid, some invalid, how do i get rid of them if i wanted to?

what i have don is "add network folder"  "microsoft windows network drive" selected location, gave it a name, and it appeared in my list in the network window (folder)
so now, i have switched up my shares on the windows system, and i still see the entry in my network folder on arch. i try to delete it, it says 'access denied to trash'.  then i have installed the root privileges on right click, so i right click the folder , select 'root actions', then  'delete', and i get the error ' the file or folder smb://falcon/ doesnt exist.  i know it doesnt exist.   i just want to delete the symlink, or network link. 

then i added a few more network links, decided to delete a working one so i could give it a more appropriate name, and it wont delete, i get the same set of error messages as listed above, but in this case, it DOES exist.   

what conf file has the list of mounts, so i can do this right?  or how can i delete these entries from the network folder in arch?

p.s. they dont show up in my /mnt dir, thats not a problem, its just the network mount, or is that term(mount) improper for network share speak?

Last edited by wolfdogg (2011-06-14 23:18:27)

Node.js, PHP Software Architect and Engineer (Full-Stack/DevOps)
GitHub  | LinkedIn

#2 2011-06-14 15:36:25

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] mount mess in KDE

you pretty much lost me after the 2nd para.

But if you want to delete mount points, you can simply do a

sudo rm -rf /path/to/mount/point

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2011-06-14 18:09:13

wolfdogg

the sym links are in the network folder, and i have in some cases 3 of them, for the same exact mount point.  im assuming the command you suggested would just be for official symlinks in the /mnt directory?    if thats the case, then it might not work for me?  the symlinks that im trying to remove are found in the filemanagers 'network' location

for instance;

in my /mnt directory, i have no symlinks there, just the /mnt/symlink

in my networks location i have a symlink called "webdocs (pcname)" is mapping to smb://pcname (should be mapping to smb://pcname/user files/uname/webdocs/ so that one needs deleting,

then i have one that i made a mistake on the symlink title, its currently called "pcname (webdocs)" which mounts to smb://pcname/user files/uname/webdocs/ but i want to delete this one too infavor of the more appropriate name below

then i have "username (pcname)" which maps to smb://pcname/username/ which is mapped to an invalid location.

then i have "webdocs (usergroup)" which mounts properly to o smb://pcname/user files/uname/webdocs/ (i want to keep this one)

Last edited by wolfdogg (2011-06-14 18:13:29)

GitHub  | LinkedIn

#4 2011-06-14 18:15:35

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

After all that....

what file manager are you using?

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#5 2011-06-14 18:22:48

wolfdogg

dolphin

GitHub  | LinkedIn

#6 2011-06-14 20:53:05

SteveK

The network folder is a kioslave (remote:/).  You should be able to hold shift while you delete to bypass trash, or enable this permanently in the context menu from dolphin's settings.

#7 2011-06-14 23:18:07

wolfdogg

that did the trick, thanks.  now i see that it is a kioslave.  didnt know that, but i do see the address  in the address bar now. thanks for pointing that out.  so shift delete is a function of kioslaves, or how does that relate?

Last edited by wolfdogg (2011-06-14 23:20:36)

GitHub  | LinkedIn

Board footer