You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-04 15:10:59

rnabioullin

wpa_supplicant and networkmanager issues

When I first installed a KDE frontend to networkmanager, it successfully connected to a WPA2-protected WAP but it stopped working, providing an error ("Resource not found" when I tried to connect) and failed to save the WPA2 key when I opened the window. I tried reinstalling it, but these issues continued. I later decided to connect to the network manually. I followed the following instructions: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Wp … icant.conf but dmesg shows wlan0 authenticating and associating with the WAP, but immediately deassociating and deauthenticating ("by local choice, (reason=3)"). The interface wlan0 is up and successfully scans for WAPs in range.

Any ideas?

I am using ath9k for the card, and -Dwext for wpa_supplicant.

Last edited by rnabioullin (2011-08-04 15:22:28)

#2 2011-08-04 16:25:05

rnabioullin

Re: wpa_supplicant and networkmanager issues

I finally managed to get wpa_supplicant working, though manually. I tried reinstalling the NetworkManager GUI and adding a new network; it worked the first time, but then the same issues happen and I am unable to connect again.

#3 2011-08-04 16:33:25

MoonSwan

Perhaps it's time to simplify your setup.  Try using netcfg and see if you can connect; you may consider running your router with only Wep or no security at all to see if that is at fault or not.

If netcfg works (or not), try wicd.  The fact that you got it to connect manually tells me that your software issue is with a middle-man (so to speak), IE networkmanager would be my guess.

#4 2011-08-04 18:19:34

rnabioullin

Thanks for the suggestions on alternatives for networkmanager. The setup now works.

Board footer