You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-19 04:30:50

PhoenixFyre

Battery Monitor in LXDE Displays 100%

I'm using the default battery monitor on my LXDE panel, and it was working fine until last time I rebooted. I can't think of anything that would've broken it... and googling the problem gets me a lot of unrelated stuff.

The battery monitor was working fine until my last reboot, at which point it decided that my battery was at 100%. I plugged it into the AC, and removed the battery, and yet it remained convinced that it was at 100%. When I plug it in, it tells me how long it will take to fully charge it, but continues to tell me that it's at 100%.

Starting to think Arch isn't for me... >_<

#2 2011-08-19 09:29:11

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Battery Monitor in LXDE Displays 100%

PhoenixFyre wrote:

Starting to think Arch isn't for me... >_<

It probably isn't. Good luck on the search for that perfect distro.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2011-08-19 14:04:58

PhoenixFyre

I think you might have misunderstood me; I was not implying that small problems like this make an operating system not worth using. Rather, I have had many problems that I simply do not have the expertise to solve, and I'm becoming disheartened by my inability. I apologize if I offended.

#4 2011-08-19 14:09:34

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Well, googling helps. searching for similar threads on the forum also helps. And lastly if you don't find anything worthwhile then creating a thread as you have already.

Back to the problem, start with looking at the logs and dmesg. Are you sure this isn't a hardware issue. If you have Windows installed on the machine, you might want to check if the battery is responding correctly to charge levels in Windows.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#5 2011-08-19 14:37:41

lolilolicon

For your small problem, let's check whether this is  a bug in the lxpanel battery plugin or not.

I know two places where I can find battery info, one of which being:

cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/energy_{full,now}

You should look at the output of the above with your laptop running on battery. If energy_now drops, I think it's a lxpanel battery plugin bug, in which case, you may do them a favor by filing a bug report.

Just for completeness, the other place is:

cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/{info,state}

(And I don't know if the two will always be consistent.)

On the other hand, considering you said the problem only occured since your last reboot, did you update the kernel? See /var/log/pacman.log for all the packages you've synced recently.

Last edited by lolilolicon (2011-08-19 14:42:55)

This silver ladybug at line 28...

#6 2011-08-23 03:34:59

kabbalah
Banned

Hello, your issue is for update lxpanel. Then I installed trayfreq 0.2.x.dev2-1 desde aur and the issue was fixed.

Now, you should configure:   /etc/pacman.conf

In this manner:

# Pacman won't upgrade packages listed in IgnorePkg and members of IgnoreGroup
IgnorePkg   = trayfreq 0.2.x.dev2-1
#IgnoreGroup =

NoUpgrade   = trayfreq 0.2.x.dev2-1

It is for not upgrade to trayfreq-fr, which have nany issues.

I'am sorry for my english, is very bad.

Kabbalah

#7 2011-08-26 18:49:08

Verant

It seems to be a problem with the new version of lxpanel. I've just downgraded lxpanel to previous version 0.5.6-1 (see https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Downgrade) and everything works fine again.

Board footer