You are not logged in.

#1 2011-08-23 21:18:24

zanardi84

Gnome 3 and my netbook

I'm zanardi84 from Italy ad I use Arch with kernel-netbook 3.0 on my Asus 1015PX EEEPC netbook.
I'm using acpi-eepc-generic scripts to manage Fn key and Asus SHE. Everything is ok using any DE, except Gnome 3 (shell or fallback): it seems that gnome stops the required acpid daemon, although I put an entry on my daemon list in rc.con file and /etc/rc.d/acpid start in rc.local file.
So, I have to restart acpid daemon manually... not useful! If I ignore this drawback and restart my daemon manually, I have no notification: Which is the notification library used by gnome 3? In my acpi-eeepc-generic I have libnotify suggested and selected, but I have no notification (library is correctly installed). If I use any other DE everything is ok.

I also tried to use gnome 3 default keys, but Fn + F3 only disable my touchpad and I cant enable it again only logging off or switching to textual mode and going back to graphical mode.

These problems make my gnome shell experience very very frustrating.

Can you help me? Sorry, my english is quite "rusty".

#2 2011-08-24 12:48:37

zanardi84

Re: Gnome 3 and my netbook

Any idea, please?

#3 2011-08-24 13:08:12

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

please do not necrobump threads. Allow at least 24 hours to pass and wait patiently until someone answers.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#4 2011-08-25 18:33:35

zanardi84

Update:
When I'm at the login screen (gdm) I can lock and unlock my touchpad because everithing has been started. After that, when login is complete, I can't toogle it.
So, gnome blocks something and the only thing I can do is manually restart acpi daemon. I also tried with a script (after editing sudoers file for getting acpi daemon's control without being super user, but didn't work).

Board footer