You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-04 09:07:29

caminoix
Website

Dell Studio 1737 sometimes turn on after shut down

Hello,

for about a week now, my laptop (Dell Studio 1737) sometimes turns back on all on its own after I shut it down. I can spot no correlation with anything.

I issue "shutdown -hP now", like I always have, wait for it to shut down, plug it out and sometimes after about half a minute or maybe a minute, it turns back on, lid closed. If I wait for it to turn fully on and shut it down again, it is OK. If I don't realize it's on again, it runs till the battery dies and then suspends and resumes when I open the lid.

I don't even know where to look. Any help, please?

#2 2011-09-04 09:15:04

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Dell Studio 1737 sometimes turn on after shut down

Search the forums : keywords  -- laptop reboots instead of shutdown

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2011-09-04 09:33:16

caminoix
Website

I searched those keywords and read through the results but I don't think it's the same problem. My computer doesn't reboot instead of shutting down. It shuts down alright, it goes through the whole procedure like it always has, all lights go out, the humming stops, it looks as dead as can be, so I close the lid and plug it out, and only after half a minute or minute it suddenly turns back on. In fact, what it looks like is as if it was just playing dead for a moment to make me go away so that it can go back to life and run. Funny, I've just finished reading a book about a necromancer wink

#4 2011-09-04 15:28:33

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

but have you tried the possible solutions offered in those threads ? Yours might just be a delayed response to the same thing. IIRC, it was a misbehaving package and downgrading or un-installing it seemed to rectify the issue. I'll be damned if I can remember what package it was. roll

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer