You are not logged in.

#1 2011-09-29 21:52:06

archoriano

[Solved]Share internet connection

Hi guys

I know the title seems kinda dumb but maybe is not as easy as it seems (or im having a brain segmentation fault).

What i want to do is this, i have a wireless router on the living room and i just bought a PC and put it in my bedroom i alredy had a netbook and i want to have internet connection in my PC i see 3 options:
1. buy a giant ethernet cable, and pay like 25 euros, or 2 not so big cables a put a switch in the midle and pay even more
2. buy a wireless card for my PC, pay 15 euros and it will problably not work in linux
3. connect my netbook to the wireless then connect PC and netbook via ethernet cable (crossover right?) and share internet connection

I rather option number 3 (in long term i will eventually go with number 2) but i dont know how to do it.

Alredy tried windows to windows but of course Microshit didnt put Internet Connection Share on windows 7 starter version (the one theat came up with the netbook).

I only have Windows on the PC yet cause i want internet so i can install arch so option 3 has to be linux-to-Windows(i also want internet on windows, not because i use it that much but you never know), but then when i install arch how i will i get the packges to configure the network without internet.

Anyway i will problably try to talk to my Network Fundaments Teacher in College next week but i wanted this working this weekend so i could install arch.

Help me please just bought the tower and i cant do shit with it (no internet no graphics card)

Sorry for my poor english

Last edited by archoriano (2011-09-30 09:43:31)

#2 2011-09-29 21:57:40

alphaniner

Re: [Solved]Share internet connection

There's an Internet Share topic in the wiki.

BTW, as is often the case, your English is better than a great many native speakers. wink

But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist.
-Lysander Spooner

#3 2011-09-30 09:43:10

archoriano

Re: [Solved]Share internet connection

alphaniner wrote:

There's an Internet Share topic in the wiki.

BTW, as is often the case, your English is better than a great many native speakers. wink

Well that didnt work, the problem is as soon as i do "ifconfig eth0 up" computer disconnects from wireless so i lose internet conection on laptop... WAIT A MINUTE i just entered the forum to tell you this.

Turns out it does work, somehow wicd says im not connected to wireless but i am :?

i dont care its working its all that matters.

Thanks

Board footer