You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-09 09:45:57

mate

WPA2 Enterpise + AES with wicd

Hi,
I'm Matteo and I'm a student.... so to get access to internet i have to connect to a wireless connection that requires AES encryption but i dont know how to do that, i dont see this option when i configure the connection to WPA2 enterprise.
So, Is there maybe a script that can add this feature to network manager??
Or some configuration (on wpa_supplicant.conf for example) that can fix this??
As i already said I use network manager and my card is the Intel Corporation WiFi Link 5100
Thanks to all in advance for your responses

Last edited by mate (2011-11-06 16:46:02)

#2 2011-10-09 10:41:07

Gusar

Re: WPA2 Enterpise + AES with wicd

Check if you can set CCMP. CCMP connections use AES.

#3 2011-10-17 09:20:12

mate

Gusar wrote:

Hi gusar thanks for your response and sorry for not replying for that long but i had not access to the internet wink
I checked and no I cant.... with wpa2-Enterprise i can only use TLS, LEAP, Tunneled TLS and PEAP authentications.
Any idea?
Thanks

#4 2011-10-17 09:52:51

Gusar

mate wrote:

with wpa2-Enterprise i can only use TLS, LEAP, Tunneled TLS and PEAP authentications.

That's authentication. An entirely different setting. I have no idea how network manager presents all the settings, so I can only guess. Maybe tkip vs. ccmp is handled automatically, so you don't need to worry about it. For sure your university provides documentation on how to set it up, mine does. Look for that, or ask someone. Or use something other than network manager. I use netcfg, works perfectly.

#5 2011-10-17 10:32:43

jlight2011

mate wrote:
Gusar wrote:

Hi gusar thanks for your response and sorry for not replying for that long but i had not access to the internet wink
I checked and no I cant.... with wpa2-Enterprise i can only use TLS, LEAP, Tunneled TLS and PEAP authentications.
Any idea?
Thanks

Following from Gusar, your Uni guide should be a first start. But from my experience (in Uni when they recently upgraded the network) I have been experiencing connection problems too. Networkmamager does not give a lot of control on how to connect. I switched to netcfg and used the following  to help configure its profile. (I also used the technical specification of my Uni to guide me - the process was iterative until I was successful and sent an email to helpdesk saying YA!)

http://hostap.epitest.fi/gitweb/gitweb. … icant.conf

Info about netcfg can be obtained from Arch Wikis (probably your best start)

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Netcfg

Cheers!

J

#6 2011-11-06 16:45:42

mate

hi and thanks for your responses and please forgiveme for not replying for so long but i had no time nor internet access.
however i switched to wicd and now i have all the options i need.... it is easy to built templates with wpa_gui and then just copy them.
I managed to write a template for connecting on similar a network that i would to so i guess I just have to seat down and try everything until it works wink

if there is some wicd user, more experienced than me I got to write a template with these parameters:
wpa2+peap+aes+mspchav2 that requires username, password and a certificate provided by university in both der and pem formats.

thanks in advance

Board footer