You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-13 20:26:51

zcdziura

NetworkManager Won't Connect to WPA2 Enterprise Encrypted Network

I decided to switch back to using NetworkManager instead of wicd as my wireless protocol because I like how NetworkManager has a Gnome 3 applet and GUI that I can easily use to connect to wireless networks. Here at university, the "main" wireless network is WPA2 with PEAP Enterprise-level encryption. However, I've been unable to connect to that network through the NetworkManager GTK GUI. When I open up the network settings window, I can see a list of all available networks (with the "main" network being listed), however when I go to click on it to connect, it won't let me. The program won't try to connect or anything.

I'm using an Intel wireless card that I KNOW can connect to network (as it worked in wicd), however it won't now. And just in case I'm forgetting something, my current daemon's array is:

DAEMONS=(syslog-ng hwclock dbus networkmanager !netfs @gdm @crond @httpd @cupsd dropboxd)

Am I missing something here? Thank you for any and all help, and if I'm leaving out information, please let me know and I'll try to provide as much information as possible.

SOLVED:

I simply entered in all of the information by hand, and NetworkManager connected easily. I'll just submit this as a bug report somewhere.

Last edited by zcdziura (2011-10-14 18:38:48)

Board footer