You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-09 04:52:12

XuYimin

[SOLVED]no sound in smplayer and vlc,while the flashplugine has sound.

After the installation of archlinux with the kernel sound component alsa ,I installed vlc,mplayer,smplayer,and smplayer by pacman.now,I can hear sound in the firefox flashplugine,but there are only pictures when I use vlc or smplayer to play movies.I has tried to modified the mplayer config file to set ao=alsa,or modified the audio output driver and channels options by SMPlayer Gui,but it doesn't work.I'm sure the volumn is set to max value and mute option is off.
Thanks for any advice.

The problem is that dbus daemon was not running while playing movies by smplayer,start dbus daemon and add dbus daemon to rc.conf,fixed.

Last edited by XuYimin (2011-12-09 13:41:29)

#2 2011-12-09 04:58:55

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED]no sound in smplayer and vlc,while the flashplugine has sound.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2011-12-09 05:22:02

XuYimin

Re: [SOLVED]no sound in smplayer and vlc,while the flashplugine has sound.

Yes,PulseAudio is up to date.
Just now,I found that there was sound in smplayer and vlc in the gnome environment.If i logon to the Enlightenment by using gdm,there was sound,too.But,if i just accessed to e17 DE by startx command,there was no sound in vlc and smplayer while playing movies.Strange problem.
Thanks very much.

Board footer