You are not logged in.

#1 2011-12-28 08:18:52

CPUnltd
Website

[Wiki REQUEST] Zoneminder

I would LOVE to see a tutorial on the wiki about how to setup Zoneminder within Arch Linux.  I tried following the howto on zoneminder's site and ran into more than a few frustrations.  I'll have to run through the howto again to post those frustrations here if anyone was interested in just helping me solve them.  Outside of that, I'd still like to see a wiki page for zoneminder setup.  I can't be the only person interested in this...

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#2 2012-01-17 18:05:23

piratebill

Re: [Wiki REQUEST] Zoneminder

Seconded

#3 2012-08-07 10:39:16

Jindur

Well, I just happened to be looking for motion detection software, and 'motion' is really nice, except that it will record any slightest (not even visible) change in daylight, eg if there's a window in the room monitored, which is highly detrimental to its usability.

Sooo I just tried out zoneminder, and what I found out is that it's totally overkill for what I wanted to achieve. It requires mysql, possibly a web server, and lots of complicated configuration and also can eat a good chunk of CPU for its various modules working in the background, plus I don't really need to record sound. So I'm actually no longer trying to get it running, but looking for something that is as super slim as motion, yet ignores miniscule daylight changes instead of reporting those as "motion".

Anyway, here is how far I got regarding zoneminder:

sudo pacman -S perl-archive-zip

installed perl-expect-1.21-2-any from AUR.
Edited 'configure' so the line CPPFLAGS="..." now reads:

CPPFLAGS="${FFMPEG_CFLAGS} $CPPFLAGS -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS"
./configure --with-webdir=/www/html/zm --with-cgidir=/var/www/cgi-bin

-- I created those directories manually and set their permissions via chown to my user.
Configure went through ok, except it still says

configure: WARNING: libavcodec.a is required for MPEG streaming

no idea why, I have ffmpeg installed.
Well and make encounters an error :-p So it doesn't really work:

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -Wall -Wno-sign-compare -fno-inline -I/usr/include  -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS  -g -O2 -MT zm_logger.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/zm_logger.Tpo -c -o zm_logger.o zm_logger.cpp
zm_logger.cpp: In constructor ‘Logger::Logger()’:
zm_logger.cpp:112:49: error: ‘isatty’ was not declared in this scope
zm_logger.cpp: In member function ‘void Logger::logFile(const string&)’:
zm_logger.cpp:444:69: error: ‘getpid’ was not declared in this scope
zm_logger.cpp: In member function ‘void Logger::logPrint(bool, const char*, int, int, const char*, ...)’:
zm_logger.cpp:519:39: error: ‘syscall’ was not declared in this scope
zm_logger.cpp:521:22: error: ‘getpid’ was not declared in this scope
zm_logger.cpp: At global scope:
zm_logger.cpp:43:13: warning: ‘void subtractTime(timeval*, timeval*)’ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
make[2]: *** [zm_logger.o] Error 1

Maybe this is some help to you in any way.

And here is someone who said he actually compiled it: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php … 3#p1083303

Last edited by Jindur (2012-08-07 10:46:25)

#4 2015-08-03 19:01:03

troydwill

Board footer