You are not logged in.

#1 2012-02-20 15:20:29

tomas.skocdopole

Apache for Subversion - password mismatch

Hello,

I have successfully running apache (SSL), php, mysql server before a few months. Now I am trying to setup subversion using apache webdav. I followed steps on this wiki page https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Svn

I have all steps reproduced successfully (when I point webbrowser to my url, repository content is showed).

The application TortoiseSVN is used as client. But when I try commit some data, the application asks me for credentials. But I am not able to successfully log in.

There is output from TortoiseSVN application:
Commit
Commit failed (details follow):
POST of '/svn-repos/ofit/!svn/me': authorization failed: Could not authenticate
to server: rejected Basic challenge (https://skocdopole.ippolna.cz)

And this row was in apache error log.
[Mon Feb 20 11:11:53 2012] [error] [client 192.168.11.55] user vala: authentication failure for "/svn-repos/ofit/!svn/me": Password Mismatch

Where can be a problem please?

Thank you.
Best regards
Tomas

#2 2012-02-20 19:16:25

vwyodajl

Re: Apache for Subversion - password mismatch

I ran into this once and just regenerated the password and it solved it for me, but was beginning of last year I had this so I may not be remembering everything fully.
HTH

#3 2012-02-23 09:42:12

tomas.skocdopole

Hello,

I try regenerate too, but no luck. I try so different ciphers, but it does not help.

Can anyone please help, or where can I rather ask for help?

Best regards
Tomas

#4 2012-02-23 23:25:11

vwyodajl

Have you tried asking on a tortoisesvn board? You might get better help in regards to that part since it is a Windows program. From my quick google searches you seem to not be alone in issues using tortoisesvn connecting to a linux box, but like I suggested earlier the fix seemed to be the regeneration of passwords.

Wish I could be of more help.

Board footer