You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-03 03:03:56

wolfdogg

pecl install fails with phpize error message

im trying to utilize phpmyadmin configuration storage.  in doing so, i finally got everything configured to get to teh point where all warning messages that display on the top of the page no longer appear.  now the only warning message i see is

Your preferences will be saved for current session only. Storing them permanently requires phpMyAdmin configuration storage.

i am not concerned with this yet because there seems to be some sort of quirkines with it to where things seem to be working with it like that, but it may relate to the following problem in the end.  im not sure. 

So, once i got this far, i was trying out the "Import" section in phpmyadmin, and i received an error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in /usr/share/webapps/phpMyAdmin/prefs_manage.php on line 77

so all is fine and dandy, on my way to debugging.  So I check my phpinfo, and only see this entry in there under "Configure Command" section of phpinfo.

--enable-json=shared

I look further in PHPinfo and there is no JSON section in there. I understand its built in somehow, but i'm not sure yet. 

since i have figured out the json problem, it wasnt enabled in php.ini, i thought it way upon first inspection.   But in the interim i thought i would try to PECL isntall it. 

so now i run the command in cli

pecl install json

Now i have this plaguing error related to phpize

starting to download json-1.2.1.tgz
...done
building...
running" phpize
Cannot find config.m4.
Make sure that you run '/usr/bin/phpize' in the top level source directory of the module
ERROR: 'phpize' failed

i checked my path

echo $PATH

and verified /usr/bin was in there.

i am running this as root. 

i do see this post https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=115676 but it didnt solve my problem.

does anybody know how to debug this last error message?  I want to be able to use pecl

Last edited by wolfdogg (2012-03-03 03:19:33)

Node.js, PHP Software Architect and Engineer (Full-Stack/DevOps)
GitHub  | LinkedIn

#2 2012-05-12 14:15:35

weox

Re: pecl install fails with phpize error message

exactly same problem !!

(same in cli and server-side)
[root@localhost php]# php --version
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/json.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/json.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.4.3 (cli) (built: May  8 2012 17:09:39)
Copyright (c) 1997-2012 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2012 Zend Technologies
    with Xdebug v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 2002-2012, by Derick Rethans

i want turn on json
uncomment json.so but still json.so not found

and then i talk in #php and i use pecl for installing json
but phpize cant work in arch for some reason (i dont know):

[root@localhost php]# pecl install json
downloading json-1.2.1.tgz ...
Starting to download json-1.2.1.tgz (17,780 bytes)
......done: 17,780 bytes
11 source files, building
running: phpize
Cannot find config.m4.
Make sure that you run '/usr/bin/phpize' in the top level source directory of the module

ERROR: `phpize' failed
[root@localhost php]# phpize
Cannot find config.m4.

[root@localhost php]#

so ?? what is the solution??

Last edited by weox (2012-05-12 14:17:32)

Board footer