You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-26 20:32:01

lgeek

[Solved] Can't use 3G connection with sakis3g

I am using wicd as a network manager / daemon, so I can get ethernet and / or wireless going. But wicd doesn't support 3G connections.
So I decide to use sakis3g, and sakis3g detect my USBModem (witch is my phone), and I have an IP using sakis3g, but when I try to surf the web, doesn't work. I think it's because, wicd doesn't detect a connection, so he doesn't allow me to use the 3G.
How can I can solve this?
I will probaly not use networkmanager / nm-applet, because for me lacks on fluxbox... but I could try. I just prefer using wicd as networkmanager.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by lgeek (2012-03-29 17:31:11)

#2 2012-03-27 15:24:20

lgeek

Re: [Solved] Can't use 3G connection with sakis3g

I have tried to stop wicd daemon, but still doesn't work.
Since wicd is the network manager / daemon if I stop it, I don't get internet anyaway. Maybe should I use another alternative to sakis3G?

#3 2012-03-28 20:57:10

lgeek

I tried stopping wicd daemon, starting networkmanager and using gnome-ppp to setup the connection, but still didn't work. Also tried wvdial but without sucess.
Searched a while and there are some people that can use wicd and sakis3g together, but they don't say how...
Tried pppd, but to much complicated.
There are any other program to setup 3G connections? I just prefer using gnome-ppp or wvdial...
If I didn't made my point quite understandable, I will try to explain better.

Last edited by lgeek (2012-03-28 21:51:38)

#4 2012-03-29 17:30:58

lgeek

Solved.
I was able to use the 3G connection doing this:
pkill wicd-gtk && sudo /etc/rc.d/wicd stop && sudo /etc/rc.d/networkmanager start
sudo nm-applet --sm-disable &
And on nm-applet, I pluged my USB3GModem, and do the setup normaly. You must have installed modemmanager.
Don't know why I have to do "sudo nm-applet --sm-disable", but it works at least.
On Fluxbox I can't get notifications about connection status, and I have libnotify and python-notify installed. And of course I have dbus as daemon.

Board footer