You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-16 04:28:54

Yurlungur

Network Manager Can't Connect Wirelessly

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to migrate from Connman to Network Manager for my network needs (as well as from e17 to xmonad) and I'm seeing some strange behavior. I can get the network manager applet running, but it won't connect to any wireless networks. I see a bunch of networks floating around in the connections list, but if I click on one, nothing happens. Furthermore, if I try to connect by command line, I get the following weirdness

Input:

nmcli con up uuid f767eb89-ccbc-4dbe-bf12-af216ab8f9ff ap A0:21:B7:72:A3:CE

(the uuid is for my wlan0 interface and the ap is the BSSID of my network).

Output:

Active connection state: activating
Active connection path: /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/0

** (process:2012): WARNING **: _nm_object_get_property: Error getting 'State' for /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/0: (19) Method "Get" with signature "ss" on interface "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" doesn't exist

state: unknown
Error: Connection activation failed.

I'm fairly sure that I have my policy kit working correctly. I have dbus and network manager as daemons and I logged in to an xmonad session using GDM, which should do my policy management for me, right?
I think its the wrong error message for a policy kit error anyways.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Yurlungur (2012-04-16 04:29:32)

Lenovo Thinkpad T420; Intel sandy bridge i7 2.7GHz; integrated graphics card; 4GB RAM; wifi; Arch; Xmonad WM

#2 2012-04-27 06:18:18

Yurlungur

Re: Network Manager Can't Connect Wirelessly

I switched to wicd, so this isn't an issue anymore, I guess... still not sure what was going wrong, though.

Lenovo Thinkpad T420; Intel sandy bridge i7 2.7GHz; integrated graphics card; 4GB RAM; wifi; Arch; Xmonad WM

Board footer