You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-22 13:16:18

kev717
Website

Wireless not working after arch install

Basically, I have an intel PRO/wireless 4965 AGN wireless card in my computer.  When booting Archlinux from live disk, I could set up my wireless network and connect with basically no problem.  After installation however, Arch will not connect to my wireless connection using the same connection procedure.  If I use very precise timing, I can get ping to ping google once, but then it loses the connection.  I tried the wired connection to see if I could at least install the rest of my system and deal with the wireless later, but the wired connection also fails to connect (I don't know if it ever was able to connect in the first place.  Network card is Realtek RTL8101E/RTL8102E).  I am installing from the 2011.08.19 core disk.

Any help would be much appreciated.

If I code something, it's probably at https://github.com/kellcodes

Do **NOT** expect a response from me.

#2 2012-04-22 16:40:45

Gcool

Re: Wireless not working after arch install

Start off with having a look at this wiki article. If you can't resolve the issue with the info found there, it'll at least give you an idea of which info to provide in order for us to help you troubleshoot this (with the current level of detail provided your guess is as good as mine).

As a general pointer, also consider disabling ipv6 if you have it enabled (and if you have no need for it).

Burninate!

Board footer