You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-25 14:07:15

parry.jacob

WiFi Woes with Broadcom 4313

I am trying to get my wifi working on the network at my school, and it refuses to do so. I use wicd to connect, but it has trouble obtaining the IP address. I ran dhcpcd and dhclient manually after configuring, and it returns with

No DHCPOFFERS received.

The wifi works on my home network with WPA-PSK encryption, but not here with no encryption. I know that almost all ports are blocked on the network, so I tried broadcasting on a different port to no avail. This network still works on this laptop under Windows 7, so I am unsure of what to do. I tried getting the automatically discovered settings from Windows, and assigning them statically to the interface, but that doesn't work either.

I am using the broadcom-wl driver, as the brcmsmac one had a bad signal. I have another wifi module at home, but I really don't want to open up the laptop as it is under warranty.

Thanks,
Jacob

#2 2012-04-25 16:12:23

Gcool

Re: WiFi Woes with Broadcom 4313

Try increasing the dhcp timeout and see if that makes any difference.

Burninate!

#3 2012-04-25 18:56:56

parry.jacob

Re: WiFi Woes with Broadcom 4313

I managed to fix it by.....well, I'm not really sure. I just rebooted some more, and it seemed to fix itself. I would provide more info if I could, but I find it aggravating that I worked on it for three hours before it just fixed itself.

Board footer