You are not logged in.

#1 2012-08-09 19:05:08

vladimir_1922

comingfrom ranting in the installation

-And yeah, I don't make this post to complain-

I received some advice telling me that I was anyway using a Netinstall... Yeah, I didn't saw a "core" iso. I don't mind for my house, but sometimes, I need to install Arch without Internet... well, is not what worries me the most. I know that the documentation is subject to change, but still things like using cfdisk, or doing a grub installation won't change very often... the problem Is that my phone can't connect to Internet, and the only reason I am writing here now, is because I had the precaution of having a back-up distro. If it wasn't for that, I'll have a totally useless blank computer right now. I can totally imagine there is some guy somewhere who just screwed his computer right now because he didn't had one. I installed Arch thousands of times now, and I wasn't expecting such big problems after all...

Pen and paper... works if you do it before formatting the computer. I still think there must be enough info on the Installing media to have the OS running with Internet connection. Departing from that, you do what do you want to do... It can be a simple txt file... but something! I do like the new installation method more, but ufff. If you can't browse to the wiki, is nearly imposible to install it. I like Arch too much, and I'll install it, eventually. But now it had give me the hell of a day. Maybe tomorrow I'll write down the steps I found on this forum on a notebook, as that should be more than enough, or i'll wait for the installer to adopt improvements.  At least with a back up OS installed, I can be much less stressed....

And I assume it is about time that I just confront my total hatred for Grub2, and use this chance for learn once at all how to configure it hmm

#2 2012-08-09 19:11:24

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: comingfrom ranting in the installation

you are an idiot to post another rant after explicitly being told not to.

closing

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer