Not 100% sure where best to find help for this so tossing in the MM forum.
I'm running a pms server which streams videos to my PS3.
Most are transcoded correctly however after a recent update I've got a strange bug with specific mkv files. The audio track comes through as a giant horn/beep and never gets better, however it doesn't affect all mkv files.
I downloaded mkvinfo and checked out the differences between the files and it appears that the audio tracks of type AC3 work fine while all others (A_VORBIS/A_AAC/MPEG4/LC/SBR) seem to have the problem.
I reinstalled all the pms dependencies and did some searches on google but can't find anything that would show others having same issue/solution for it. I know pretty much nothing about audio/video formats and so feel a little out of my league with trying to tackle this. Normally I'd just leave it for when it works again but wife was in the middle of a series when I did the update
I suppose I could just learn how to convert the audio tracks over to the AC3 and put them into the file (via mkvextract/mkvmerge [which came with mkvinfo]) but would like an easier way (probably close to 100 files in total that would need the conversion).
It works fine if I Transcode using ffmpeg however that uses alot more bandwidth (which I don't have available) and also isn't available for all files.
Looks like it's something to do with mencoder or tsmuxer (since both give the error) or something they have in common.
Just as an fyi for anyone that has issues with PMS and can't find solutions, I switched to Serviio for streaming.