You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-17 16:10:28

betrunkenaffe

[PMS] Audio issues with mkv files

Not 100% sure where best to find help for this so tossing in the MM forum.

I'm running a pms server which streams videos to my PS3.

Most are transcoded correctly however after a recent update I've got a strange bug with specific mkv files. The audio track comes through as a giant horn/beep and never gets better, however it doesn't affect all mkv files.

I downloaded mkvinfo and checked out the differences between the files and it appears that the audio tracks of type AC3 work fine while all others (A_VORBIS/A_AAC/MPEG4/LC/SBR) seem to have the problem.

I reinstalled all the pms dependencies and did some searches on google but can't find anything that would show others having same issue/solution for it. I know pretty much nothing about audio/video formats and so feel a little out of my league with trying to tackle this. Normally I'd just leave it for when it works again but wife was in the middle of a series when I did the update sad

I suppose I could just learn how to convert the audio tracks over to the AC3 and put them into the file (via mkvextract/mkvmerge [which came with mkvinfo]) but would like an easier way (probably close to 100 files in total that would need the conversion).

#2 2012-11-17 17:38:58

betrunkenaffe

Re: [PMS] Audio issues with mkv files

It works fine if I Transcode using ffmpeg however that uses alot more bandwidth (which I don't have available) and also isn't available for all files.

Looks like it's something to do with mencoder or tsmuxer (since both give the error) or something they have in common.

#3 2013-01-07 19:47:54

betrunkenaffe

Re: [PMS] Audio issues with mkv files

Just as an fyi for anyone that has issues with PMS and can't find solutions, I switched to Serviio for streaming.

Board footer