You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-27 04:43:54

luispa

Qtractor doesn't work after system update

Hi,
I'm sorry for the cross posting, I'm afraid I posted this in the wrong place the first time (based on the lack of replies). After the last system upgrade Qtractor stopped working. I launched it from a console to see what's happening but there's no messages, console freezes like if Qtractor were running, it even is listed in the tasks manager. How can I solve it? I use Qtractor a lot. Thank you very much in advance,
Luis Pablo

#2 2012-11-27 04:56:00

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Qtractor doesn't work after system update

Frankly, I have never even heard of it.

The cross post was from here.  I have closed that thread and linked it here.

Please don't cross post.  In the future, if you would like a thread moved, please use the report link and drop the moderators a note and we will move it for you.  One of us is usually around.

Thanks.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2012-11-27 05:20:50

luispa

Thank you for moving the thread, I didn't know how to do it. About the original post, I asked the developer and he doesn't know what could be wrong. The Qtractor package is located here

#4 2012-12-01 15:32:02

Sanne

luispa,

Qtractor runs fine for me. I have a fully updated system and no issues with the package. I don't know about your problem, but maybe I can help if you want to compare any setups or configs. I'm using Archlinux 64 Bit, normal linux kernel package, and jack, not jack2.

If our currency were not money but appreciation and acknowledgement for what we do for others, for the community, for the benefit of all, we would have paradise on earth.

#5 2012-12-01 15:57:01

luispa

Thank you for your reply. I was using Archlinux 64 and jack2. After trying to find out how to solve it with no success I moved to Siduction, everything works OK now, it seems to be even faster than Archlinux.

#6 2012-12-01 21:32:19

Sanne

Ah, I see. Glad it works for you now, although a bit sad you had to switch away from Arch, but well, whatever works. smile

Good luck!

If our currency were not money but appreciation and acknowledgement for what we do for others, for the community, for the benefit of all, we would have paradise on earth.

#7 2012-12-02 19:17:22

luispa

I'm a bit sad too, I really like ARCH but Qtractor is a must for me because I use it a lot. Maybe I give ARCH a new chance in the future.

#8 2012-12-02 20:28:55

luispa

By the way, I removed ARCH from my notebook but I'll keep ARCH on my desktop, I'll send you a copy of my configuration files.

#9 2012-12-02 23:10:13

Sanne

Sure. Best would be to just paste them here (please use code tags) so others can benefit as well in case we can solve your problem.

Another tip: you might also want to try for help over at linuxmusicians.com. I'm no member, but I read there from time to time and have seen that there are some people with Archlinux also, and Qtractor is also mentioned a lot. I'm sure there are folks with much experience in setups and their issues (and hopefully also their solutions).

Board footer