You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-03 19:26:08

JMO

Synching folders between Windows 7 and Archlinux

Hello there. Maybe this thread goes on the Newbie Corner, but it seemed to me specific enough.

I'm having a real hard time trying to sync folders between my Arch notebook and Windows 7 desktop PC.
I've my samba shares working, and both computers can see each other through the network, but I'm blatantly failing with Unison, and really weary of it all.

Anywhere on the web where I can find a good tutorial to configure both computers? I've trying with the Archwiki Unison page, the Unison online manual and this.

Do you have any other recommendation instead of Unison? Some other solution to sync folders?

Thanks in advance!

#2 2013-01-05 01:11:45

nomorewindows

Re: Synching folders between Windows 7 and Archlinux

I'm not sure which way you're trying to sync.  If you are trying to sync Win7 with Arch samba, it would just automatically store things just by the profile.  Not a foolproof method.  Does Unison support samba shares?

I may have to CONSOLE you about your usage of ridiculously easy graphical interfaces...
Look ma, no mouse.

#3 2013-01-13 20:38:11

JMO

Re: Synching folders between Windows 7 and Archlinux

Sorry for such a late response. I've given up to a more manual (and simple) method: Just copy/paste through the network and combining folders, replacing each conflicting file by hand. Thanks anyway!

Board footer