You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-17 13:53:23

Xwang

smbnetfs not working after reboot

Hi to all,
I've followed the steps in the wiki to have smb share automatically mounted in /mnt using smbnetfs.
It works in the session, but if I restart the pc it does not work any more until I use the following command:

sudo systemctl restart smbnetfs

After that it works till the following restart.
What is wrong in my configuration?
I use a full systemd system (no rc.conf)
Can you help me?
Thank you,
Xwang

I'm still learning English so please excuse me if my English is not good enough and feel free to correct me via PM if you want.

#2 2013-01-17 15:46:05

satanselbow

Re: smbnetfs not working after reboot

Your answer is in plastered all over wiki... systemd might be a good place to start (try the 2nd paragraph - it's a goldmine!)

#3 2013-01-17 16:25:58

Xwang

I've seen the wiki again but I've not found any clue to solve my problem.
Can you please help me?

I'm still learning English so please excuse me if my English is not good enough and feel free to correct me via PM if you want.

#4 2013-01-17 17:06:03

satanselbow

... Have you enabled the service to autostart at boot?

Using the "systemctl start <any.service>", or "restart", will not persist when you reboot. To "autostart" the service on boot you need to "enable" it.

# systemctl enable <any.service>

#5 2013-01-17 17:12:31

Xwang

Yes, I have.
The strange thing is that if I execute systemctl to see which services have been activated at boot time, smbnetfs is active, but opening a samba connection it does not mount it.
After executing systemctl restart smbnetfs (once in the session), it works properly.

Board footer