You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-12 04:59:38

dougman82

Tomcat6 won't start at reboot, but no problem manually

I installed tomcat6 and enabled it with "systemctl enable tomcat6". Everything was working fine until I went to deploy a web app (Subsonic). With tomcat6 configured to deploy the web app, I get peculiar behavior..

If I reboot the system, systemd tries to start Tomcat, but fails. Unfortunately, it gives no details as to why it died, other than that it entered a failed state. Furthermore, the tomcat6 and Subsonic logs don't show any information relative to why it couldn't start.

However, if I try to manually start tomcat using "systemctl start tomcat6", it starts up without a hitch and works like a charm. I can start and stop it all day long, and it always works. It's just when the system reboots, Tomcat fails to come up automatically. Is there something obvious that I am missing here?

#2 2013-02-12 05:03:06

dougman82

Re: Tomcat6 won't start at reboot, but no problem manually

Err, I might have posted too soon? Looking at the systemd unit for tomcat6, I noticed that the daemon was being started by jsvc, and it had the parameter "-wait 10". I decided to up that to "-wait 20", and that seemed to fix my problem. I guess something else that tomcat6 relied on wasn't available at boot? If anyone has seen this before, I would be curious, since my "fix" seems more like a band-aid.

Board footer