I just noticed that https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/packages.git appears to be empty. Presumably this is for a reason and normal service will be restored soon. I thought I'd flag it just in case that isn't why...
Just checked again; that URL's ok. I normally use this URL to get a pacman.conf:
It's just started returning an empty file.
Last edited by starfry (2013-04-02 10:07:12)
Actually, as I typed the above, that's started working again
If I could delete this thread I would. I'll mark as solved.
Its happening again. Now it says "no repos found"
OS: Archlinux 64Bit Hardware: Cpu: Amd Sempron 3500+(2.0ghz) (socket 939), Ram: Kingston 1gb dual channel ddr (512mb x2), Gpu: BFG Nvidia 8400gs PciE 512mb (G98), Mobo: Asus a8ae-le/amberine-m (factory hp), Optical: LiteOn Dvd writer, HDD: Western Digital 160GB Sata, Soundcard: Dynex 5.1 Channel (VIA Envy24/ICE1724 chip), Monitor: MAG 565 15 inch Lcd
It isn't working again (I'll remove SOLVED from the title). Can anyone explain why this would seem to frequently not work these days...?
Is there another preferred way to obtain a current pacman.conf that should be used instead ?
If you have the latest pacman package in your cache, you can extract the pacman.conf with tar. e.g.
tar xfO /var/cache/pacman/pkg/pacman-4.0.3-7-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz etc/pacman.conf > pacman.conf
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO // Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.4GHz // GFX: nVidia GeForce GTX 970 Ti // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR3 (@ 2133MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB Seagate SATAII 5x 1TB Samsung SATAII, 2x 120GB Corsair SSD
Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.
The svn2git is nice but often lagged. Pull the svn yourself. See my getpkg function which will diff the trunk version against the core/extra/community version so you can see the changes. Comment out those lines to simply pull the package of interest.
thanks @graysky. after looking at your getpkg function I settled on doing this:
svn export svn://svn.archlinux.org/packages/pacman/trunk/pacman.conf.x86_64 pacman.conf.
Also, it's been logged as an issue: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/34467
Last edited by starfry (2013-04-02 10:57:20)