You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-03 16:07:45

Kalrish

Having multiple kernels grown from the same package

Hello everyone!

I've been very happy with the kernel I downloaded from the AUR and tweaked by myself. It works well and it fits my needs. However, I'd like to have another kernel for compiling and those expensive things (maybe compiling Linux is not a very "long" process, but compare it to chromium, or GCC!), with 100Hz as timer frequency and lots of things disabled. For instance, I would not have support for CPU frequency scaling, wireless, sound... etc.

But here comes my question: is there a way I can keep the enormous benefit of using the Arch Build System (i.e.: using the linux-ck package from the AUR) and build two kernels the same version? I've seen the lts but, if possible, I'd like to have the newest kernel version available.

Thanks in advance. Comments about this "technique" (whether it is recommended or not, and why) and maybe solutions you gave to this problem are welcomed. And sorry if, on the other hand, *the question itself* is the problem.

Best regards,
Kalrish.

Last edited by Kalrish (2013-04-03 16:09:35)

#2 2013-04-03 16:19:42

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Having multiple kernels grown from the same package

moving to kernels and hardware for better visibility on topic.

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer