You are not logged in.
I have an database from a client in MS Access (mdb) format. I need to dump the contents to a CSV file, and then bring it into a PostgreSQL database. At issue is the database appears to have a password on it that the owner no longer remembers.
They are a contractor and I'm trying to recover their old estimate information. I need to move selected data from this file into xTuple's PostBooks (PostgreSQL).
It is either a 2007 or a 2010 MS access database.
I've been looking at the packages and at the AUR, I don't see anything that will allow me to remove the password so I can conduct the export of data.
I do have a Windows VM in VirtualBox, and MS's Access is complaining about a password that is unknown to the owner of the MS database.
GOogle and Yahoo searches aren't turning up any tools in linux to unlock my customers data.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this in Linux?
Thanks!
Dave
Offline
Use the utilities written for Windows - which you can find from a minute's googling. No need for a *Linux* tool here.
Offline
Thank you for the reply. But.... Been there, done that.
The tools I have found are for earlier versions of Access, and cost $$. I have already deployed one of said tools, and it failed. Thus my request for a linux tool.
Regards,
Dave
Offline