You are not logged in.

#1 2013-05-27 00:33:30

jeff story
Website

systemctl reboot -vs- reboot ... command not found [SOLVED]

On my old Arch install that I converted to pure systemd, it required the following command to reboot, per: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sy … management

systemctl reboot

On some more recent Arch installs, I noticed the "reboot" rather than "systemctl reboot" command worked. I was curious, but not enough to check out as to why until today. 

Come to find out the core repo package systemd-sysvcompat was not installed and was the culprit. I have been using the following appended on the kernel line.

# (0) Arch Linux
title  Arch Linux "systemd"
root   (hd0,5)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-linux root=/dev/sda6 init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd ro
initrd /boot/initramfs-linux.img

I removed "init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd" after installing systemd-sysvcompat to restore the "reboot" command function.

Just passing this on in case anyone else cares or has noticed....

Check out my website for info on the Arch Linux Installer

#2 2013-05-27 00:59:22

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

Re: systemctl reboot -vs- reboot ... command not found [SOLVED]

I had no idea those commands had been removed; turns out I have systemd-sysvcompat installed still too. I'm happy for it to stay though lest the next version of systemd changes the command to "i'd-like-you-now-please-to reboot" tongue

#3 2013-05-27 02:18:51

WonderWoofy

Re: systemctl reboot -vs- reboot ... command not found [SOLVED]

Yeah, the systemd-sysvcompat package is built from the actualy sytemd PKGBUILD.  But those symlinks were separated out to facilitate the ability for users to choose whether or not they want to have systemd as well as another init system on their machines.  I imagine this was originally because there was the move from SysV initscripts, which required that systemd be moved to in a couple of steps, hence the required ability to have both on your system simutaneously.  So ultimately, they are intended by upstream to be a part of the systemd package... no actual removal here.

Board footer