You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-19 14:36:12

exBSDer

Need eaccelerator help (for wiki)

New to the forum, first question:

Set up a arch server with php, mysql, apache, dokuwiki and some other stuff that I run for an educational institution.
I love dokuwiki for it's simplicity, speed, ACLs, portability and easy upgrades.  Have not looked at mediawiki for a while, but I want to take a look at it now.

First thing I tried to get eaccelerator going.  Installed package, changed /etc/php.ini cgi path to 1, set zlib compression to on.  It is enabled.  Restarted apache. Yet ls /var/cache/eaccelerator shows nothing.
Mediawiki config shows eaccelerator not to be there.

There must be something easy I am missing...

BTW, arch is great.  Love the KISS principle.  Most packages install only the absolute necessary dependencies (as it ought to be), it is fast and pacman rocks.

Thanks for you help,
exBSDer

#2 2005-12-19 15:44:04

postlogic
Website

Re: Need eaccelerator help (for wiki)

Always great to see a new user! Just note that if you ever play with srcpac, you'll see that it has to download and use the makedepends as well, so the deps will increase. But most users doesn't have to do that :-)

As for your issue.. Did you follow the documentation provided exactly? Try doing this:

zlib.output_compression = On
cgi.fix_pathinfo=1
eaccelerator.cache_dir="/var/cache/eaccelerator/"

in php.ini.

#3 2005-12-19 18:51:54

exBSDer

Postlogic,

yep, did exactly that.
Long time OpenBSD user - I would not have dared to post without searching, RTFM, follow instructions and double check  big_smile .

I have not set or altered any permissions.  Do I need to make /var/cache/eaccelerator +w or chown to nobody:nobody? (guess that is the linux equivalent to www:www)

Thank you for you prompt reply.
exBSDer

#4 2005-12-19 19:05:06

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

did you add the module to your php.ini file?
ummm...
extension="eaccelerator.so"

but you need the appropriate extension subdir
/var/lib/php/extensions/...."
so it would need to be something like..
extension="extensions/blah/foo/eaccelerator.so"

sorry. dont remember the exact path..

also, check the httpd error logs after startup. you should see some info if it didn't load correctly...
and... you need the cache dir to have the appropriate permissions for the user trying to write to it... you might try chmod'ing it 777 while you do some testing...

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#5 2005-12-19 21:52:41

exBSDer

but you need the appropriate extension subdir
/var/lib/php/extensions/...."
so it would need to be something like..
extension="extensions/blah/foo/eaccelerator.so"

Found part of the issue. /usr/lib/php/extensions/php is linked to /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20050922 but eaccelerator is in /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20041020.
I copied eaccelerator.so into the php linked directory.

tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log:
Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/extensions/php/eaccelerator.so' undefined symbol: empty_string in Unknown on line 0

Note that prior to copying it I got:
Unalble to load ....... No such file or directory in Uknown on line 0

you need the cache dir to have the appropriate permissions for the user trying to write to it... you might try chmod'ing it 777 while you do some testing...

done that

Still not working...
Thanks for looking at it.

#6 2005-12-19 22:13:10

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

aha. looks like you updated your version of php.
you should recompile eaccelerator. just update the pkgbuild release (increment) and rebuild.
the path difference should key you into the fact that it was build with an older version.

let me know how it turns out.

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#7 2005-12-19 23:24:49

exBSDer

Cactus,

thank you for your help.
Pacman -R eaccelerator

But building of eaccelerator 0.93 and 0.94-rc1 fails with the same error:

cd /var/abs/extras/devel/eaccelerator
makepkg
>>
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c: In function 'compute_live_var':
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c:253: error: 'ZEND_UNSET_DIM_OBJ' undeclared (first use in this function)
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c:253: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c:253: error: for each function it appears in.)
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c:260: error: 'ZEND_JMP_NO_CTOR' undeclared (first use in this function)
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c: In function 'optimize_jmp':
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c:1282: error: 'ZEND_JMP_NO_CTOR' undeclared (first use in this function)
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c: In function 'optimize_bb':
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c:2446: error: 'ZEND_UNSET_DIM_OBJ' undeclared (first use in this function)
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c: In function 'build_cfg':
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c:2724: error: 'ZEND_JMP_NO_CTOR' undeclared (first use in this function)
/var/abs/extra/devel/eaccelerator/src/eaccelerator-0.9.4-rc1/optimize.c:2843: error: 'ZEND_UNSET_DIM_OBJ' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [optimize.lo] Error 1

#8 2005-12-19 23:34:57

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

hmmm... that seems very strange.
You are using gcc4, and the most current php package right?

EDIT:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph … tid=692864

looks like a common error of some kind with php 5.1.1..

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#9 2005-12-19 23:42:12

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

hmm... looks like it is known incompatability with php 5.1 indeed..
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph … tid=692864

and

http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php? … _id=416742

Guess they are working on it.
Short term solution would probably be to roll back your php version, if eaccelerator is important to you..

"tacos" -- Cactus' Law

#10 2005-12-20 11:49:59

exBSDer

Cactus,

thanks for looking into it.
It was not apparent to me from those messages that it is a php 5.1 incompatibility - sorry.

I will wait with testing mediawiki w/ eacc until it is fixed.
Until then I will run dokuwiki.

Board footer