You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-20 07:37:40

peque

Nfs start ???

hi..
I would like to make a network with a lot of computers, thats has a mainserver with all the /homes  in..  When people lock in on the clients, they should have their username and passwd. And when there loggod in, their /home from the server should be the home on the client also...
I have noticed a lot´og questions about that, bat their also old question.. As I´m thinking - there must be some update s on that since 02? So just a question ?? Wich packages do I nedd to have installed today if I want this to work ????

THX

Just getting better .... All the time

#2 2005-12-20 10:55:17

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Nfs start ???

On the server: nfs-utils nfsidmap portmap
On the clients: portmap

I reckon the reason you're not seeing recent stuff about nfs is because it Just Works, and has done for a long time. smile

#3 2005-12-20 16:54:56

peque

Re: Nfs start ???

I got that one now....
But the meaning was that the users only should have access to their own home - not all!!! And on the client they should put in username and passwd and have that validate on a ldapserver ??? I got the LDAP running, but can´t get the klient to show the users on ldap ? So am i missing something..
I have configurated pam_ldap.conf & nss_ldap.conf(its an example i can see) but can´t see the client... So whar am i doing wrong or missing.

Just getting better .... All the time

Board footer