You are not logged in.

#1 2013-11-13 00:23:08

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

[SOLVED] LibreOffice and Network Shares via Gigolo

My work desktop mounts shares in Active Directory using Gigolo. I am able to mount, browse and generally be at peace with the world with this setup with Thunar and Nautilus, and everything else (eg, gedit).

For some reason, LibreOffice refuses to show any of the network mounts. When I try and save a document, the mounted shares just aren't there. I would expect them to show under "My Documents" in the left of this [img]screenshot[/img].

Browsing to ~/.gvfs/ doesn't display anything either.

If I try and open a file from any of the shares by double-clicking them in Thunar/Nautilus then I get the LibreOffice splash screen and then nothing. The main window doesn't open and the process terminates.

Any ideas folks?

Last edited by fukawi2 (2013-11-18 22:16:22)

#2 2013-11-18 17:24:23

Awebb

Re: [SOLVED] LibreOffice and Network Shares via Gigolo

With gvfs being a Gnome related project, I suspect you might want to install libreoffice-gnome.

#3 2013-11-18 22:16:09

fukawi2
Ex-Administratorino
Website

Re: [SOLVED] LibreOffice and Network Shares via Gigolo

Well that's embarressing that it was that easy. That makes the whole thing look much better too. I had no idea there was a split of a separate Gnome package, but looking at the wiki it doesn't appear to be mentioned anywhere other than for making everything look nicer. I might fix that up.

Thanks Awebb big_smile  +50 internets for you.

Board footer