You are not logged in.

#1 2005-12-23 15:25:47

o2bfishn

slow network speeds

i have a new clean full install of .7.1 pre-1 and have my rc.conf file all setup right with the host name and to start eth0, samba setup and everything working. here is the deal

when transferring files from windows xp to arch or arch to windows xp, the transfer rate is way too low. i am on a company 100mbit network. the two computers sit side by side on the same switch. i tested downloading from the internet and my XP box downloads the same file from the same server at about 4-5 times faster (150kb or so compared with 30-40kb)

i have tried tweaking the smb.conf file, the network setup in kde control center, adding the ip of the pc to the host file, nothing seems to make it faster.

it has been awhile since i had arch on this box, but i have had it before and never had this problem. also i believe (but cant be sure) that when i had slack 10.2 on it, it was ok then.

any suggestions on where to look or what config file you need to see to get me started in the right direction and i will post them.

thanks

#2 2005-12-23 21:39:14

Lone_Wolf

Re: slow network speeds

Have you done pacman -Syu ?

sine 0.7.1 pre was made, a lot of packages have been updated.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2005-12-24 03:46:53

o2bfishn

Re: slow network speeds

sorry i didnt respomd earlier. it was the nic. i put another one in the pc and it worked fine. but yeah, i did -Syu. thanks just the same

Board footer