You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-01 19:43:28

lithdk

[SOLVED] iRacing linux client?

Hey.

I realize there is one thread onhere about iRacing on linux already, but seems to be using codeweavers and the "native linux client"-annoncement seems to be recent. All I wanna ask, since there is no trial of any kind, has anyone tried the iRacer native linux client on arch? in their faq (http://www.iracing.com/membership/faqs/) under system requirements they say "RPM-based linux" and go on to list Ubuntu(RPM?wut), which leads me to think they got no idea what they are talking about and some dude basically just got it working in wine (with the crossover thing in mind).

So anyone tried it, is it a truely native client and does it work well/perfectly?

Thanks in advance. :-)
Regards,
Lithdk

Last edited by lithdk (2014-01-03 16:38:26)

#2 2014-01-01 19:54:19

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] iRacing linux client?

why don't you try it out and let everyone know if it works or not ?

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

#3 2014-01-01 19:57:03

HalosGhost
Forum Moderator
Website

Inxsible wrote:

I think the problem is that iRacing is paid-only and the user wants to know if they'll be able to use it before they buy it. I may be wrong, that's just how I read it.

All the best,

-HG

Last edited by HalosGhost (2014-01-01 19:58:00)

#4 2014-01-01 20:08:33

lithdk

HalosGhost wrote:
Inxsible wrote:

I think the problem is that iRacing is paid-only and the user wants to know if they'll be able to use it before they buy it. I may be wrong, that's just how I read it.

All the best,

-HG

Exactly, I was fishing for someone to let everyone know before everyone (primarily me) started buying it.

Regards,
Lithdk

#5 2014-01-02 09:25:05

ChemBro

I played the pseudo-demo, it didn't work and I would stay away from it. Also way too overpriced.

#6 2014-01-02 14:41:45

ColdPie

Hi, I made the Linux port on behalf of iRacing.

I'm not aware of any official iRacing software that isn't based on our version of Wine. We provide packages for DEB distros like Debian and Ubuntu, RPM distros like Red Hat and Fedora, and for "other" distributions like Arch, we provide a binary installer that obviously doesn't do automatic dependency resolution.

I use Arch and am an iRacer myself, and I can tell you it works great! There can be some problems if you don't have the correct 32-bit packages installed. We provide a binary called "cxdiag" which runs through common dependency issues and suggests packages to solve them. After you install iRacing, you can find this binary in <~/iracing/bin/cxdiag> or </opt/iracing/bin/cxdiag>, depending on if you installed iRacing as a user or as root. It will spit out a list of missing dependencies, which should be pretty easy to solve.

To try it out, I believe the Cadillac Cup 3 month promotion is still running:
https://cadillaccupracing.com/

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to help you out.

Board footer