You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-21 08:46:01

kynikos
Wiki Admin

Why is there an 11-year-old "How to contribute translations" sticky?

I was wondering why How to contribute translations is a sticky thread, when its first post is shamefully out of date, and the rest doesn't seem very helpful either. New users may think that we are quite unorganized regarding translations, while for example the wiki has various ArchWiki Translation Team pages which aim to make translators' work easier and more efficient, and they are not mentioned at all there.
Yes, I could add a new post there with that link, but that would be extreme necro-bumping, so I vote for un-stickying the thread altogether instead.

#2 2014-04-21 09:40:42

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Why is there an 11-year-old "How to contribute translations" sticky?

Done. If you would like to post a new version, we can sticky that for the next decade... smile

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2014-04-21 12:59:58

kynikos
Wiki Admin

Re: Why is there an 11-year-old "How to contribute translations" sticky?

Wow... my own sticky thread... for the next ten years... *_*;

Coming back down to earth, as far as the wiki is concerned there's already a "sticky" link to ArchWiki:Contributing in the left column of every page, with all the info also for translators, that'll do for us, no need to have another guide to keep up to date here, and I don't think other guides for translating different Arch projects would fit the "Forum & Wiki discussion" section either ^^

Board footer