You are not logged in.

#1 2006-01-26 00:55:25

kanpio

SMTP problem. Can't sand messages (with any client).

Since a few days I'm not able to send messages. Generally I use Opera. Everything worked fine since the arch installation until now. I didn't change any configuration. The only thing I did was upgrading packages regularly. Now I can receive mails but I can't send them (I've got 2 POP and 1 IMAP accounts). I'm sure that Opera is configured well because the same configuration worked for long time. I also tried to use Mozilla mail client and Kmail and I have the same problem. What can be a cause, and what can be a solution?

#2 2006-01-26 01:07:10

iphitus
Forum Fellow

Re: SMTP problem. Can't sand messages (with any client).

What errors do you receive?

Have you checked your ISPs website for any information regarding a change in their mail service?

iphitus

#3 2006-01-26 01:27:00

kanpio

I think it may be problem with my ISP. I have just read on my ISP forum that not only I have this problem. But when it turn out that is something wrong with my mashine I will report it smile

#4 2006-01-26 03:18:57

afu

The amount of worms, viruses, spoofed messages and DOS stuff out there is causing absolute hell for admins and their e-mail systems nowdays. Not to mention morons that send large attachments through the mail. The last caused me crap yesterday when someone's mail account filled up and bounces started happening. Note to self - use .forward rather than procmail to forward mail.
-Shawn

#5 2006-01-26 20:56:29

kanpio

Problem solved. Administrator of our estate network blocked sending mails from my IP because one of computers from my local network was infected with a kind of spamer sending thousand mails from our shared IP. Thanks for help.

Board footer