You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-19 23:37:15

klenamenis

tor + pdnsd (+ hosts) = optimizable?

Hey,

I'm using the TOR network including it's DNS service combined with pdnsd to gain some speed and reliability. I wonder, if it's possible to setup some kind of fallback, which will be used to resolve some DNS requests and UDP traffic.

So far, it's working great, except some of my university's sites. I don't know whether it's relevant, but living in a students dorm means static IP, which belongs to the university's network.

Is there any way to configure my system, so I can use tor whenever possible AND have UDP traffic and/or a fallback DNS for unanswered requests? Furthermore I use a huge /etc/hosts file to block unwanted ads and websites redirecting them to 0.0.0.0, sadly pdnsd caches them all (reminds me of pokemon, hehe). How can I prevent this?

Thanks in advance for your help,
klenamenis

Last edited by klenamenis (2014-07-20 00:13:35)

#2 2014-07-20 22:53:15

klenamenis

Re: tor + pdnsd (+ hosts) = optimizable?

Meanwhile I solved the problem of some sites not being loaded by unchecking the option Firefox Preferences > Advanced > General > Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page. Is it possible to still use this option execpt for some sites?

Board footer