You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-01 01:13:01

neachdainn

How to discuss topics on the wiki?

Hello all,

New forum/wiki member here. Earlier today I was able to solve another user's problem and, eager to finally be able to contribute something, I added my solution to the wiki. I am aware there is probably a better method to solve the issue, but I found no solution other than mine. My edit has since been flagged for factual accuracy, though I don't know how actually discuss it.

What is the correct procedure at this point?  I know that my solution is probably not ideal and my edit to the wiki could probably use some work - but it is a solution and I could find no other.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm excited to finally contribute instead of just lurk.

Thanks!

#2 2014-08-01 01:18:48

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: How to discuss topics on the wiki?

There is a Talk page for every page on the wiki. If you are unsure of your edit, or are proposing a significant change, you should start a discussion about it first.

You'll note the flag includes a link to this page (Discuss):

wiki wrote:

The factual accuracy of this article or section is disputed.
Reason: X is already launched from the same virtual terminal by default. (Discuss)

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2014-08-01 01:19:56

ANOKNUSA

There's a "discussion" tab at the top of every entry where editors can discuss their edits. There's actually a link to the discussion page in the "factual accuracy" box as well. The "history" tab will tell you who flagged your addition as out of date as well, so if there's a delay in that person getting back to you on the discussion page you can contact them directly.

EDIT: Curse you moderators, always on top of things. tongue

Last edited by ANOKNUSA (2014-08-01 01:20:54)

#4 2014-08-01 02:34:58

neachdainn

So I added a section to the discussion page and will update the page when I know more. Thanks for the input! I was slightly nervous since the Discussions page seemed a little scratchpad-esque to me and I didn't know if I'd get the appropriate response there.

Board footer