You are not logged in.

#1 2014-08-26 13:39:53

lawrent

ipw2200: Failed to send SYSTEM_CONFIG: Already sending a command

Hi all,

I'm new to Arch and I have followed the Beginner's Guide. I have a wifi connexion (ping works) but, every once in a while, I get this error message:

ipw2200: Failed to send SYSTEM_CONFIG: Already sending a command.

Yesterday I got it after about 30 seconds, today I just got the first one after 7656 sec. I don't remember exactly everything I have tried this far, but:
- first my ping didn't work > solved by installing ipw2200-fw
- then my connexion dropped unpredictibly and I had to relaunch wifi-menu or logout to get it back
- somewhere in the middle, I connected using manual netctl profiles. Didn't work so well, so I disabled it
- right now my connexion is set up as described in the section Connecting automatically to known networks. Seems to work well, until I got my error message at 7656sec (2 hours). I have also

# systemctl start dhcpcd

- yesterday I used to get a slightly different message. If my memory serves me well, it was

ipw2200: Failed to send ASSOCIATE: Already sending a command.

Similar problem has been discussed here without being explicitly solved. No fix found on google neither.

I wanted to downgrade to ipw2200-fw 3.0 but I couldn't find a .pkg.tar.gz of that version.
[edit: the tgz file can be found here, for installation refer to How to use ABS and change pkgver, source and md5sum accordingly in /var/abs/core/ipw2200-fw/PKGBUILD]

Any help/idea? Thanks smile

PS: I've installed Arch on another empty laptop, how can I send you my log files without having to retype them?

PPS/edit: also found this other post which suggests to

iwconfig <interface> power off

[edit2: iwconfig <interface> power off doesn't cancel the error messages]

Last edited by lawrent (2014-08-30 17:10:28)

#2 2014-08-26 16:46:12

UploadDownload

Re: ipw2200: Failed to send SYSTEM_CONFIG: Already sending a command

To send us your log files you could copy them onto a USB thumbdrive and copy them over to the empty laptop then upload them to a pastebin site

Board footer