You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-04 22:35:00

hrod

resolv.conf and systemd-resolved

Hey.

So i have always had some issues on my laptop with connecting to wifi, sometimes it just refuses to give me an ip.

I noticed there was a symlink from /etc/resolv.conf to /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf, however there is no /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf file for me, the resolve folder does not even exist.

When i deleted the symlink, disconnected and reconnected to the network a proper resolv.conf was created and i got a valid ip and the internet works.

The arch linux wiki page systemd-networkd suggests to symlink /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf to /etc/resolv.conf, however the freedesktop.org  page suggests to make the sym link from /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf to /etc/resolv.conf, (which should i be doing?).

On my laptop it systemctl shows systemd-resolved.service is enabled and started.

Basically what is this actually doing? The freedesktop.org page says it should generate /ru/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf, however on my laptop the folder resolve does not even exist. Should i stop and disable the systemd-resolved service if my /etc/resolv.conf are being generated correctly already?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by hrod (2014-09-11 08:39:08)

#2 2016-04-23 17:57:58

clon

Re: resolv.conf and systemd-resolved

I've had issues with this very recently, too, and found the same problem- /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf    doesn't exists anymore.
I temporarily solved it with

unlink /etc/resolve.conf
touch /etc/resolve.conf

I think the problem could be related to some recent updates, but I lack the experience and knowledge to confirm it.
Has anyone had the same problem?

Regards
      clon

Last edited by clon (2016-04-23 18:00:39)

#3 2016-04-24 07:56:28

x33a
Forum Fellow

Re: resolv.conf and systemd-resolved

@clon,

Please don't necrobump. Open a new thread.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/fo … bumping.22

Closing.

Board footer