You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-04 02:56:34

fwempa

Suddenly cant connect or ping to router or beyond....

All was fine, had rc.conf, host.allow/deny, resolv.conf all set up and working just fine.  Had firefox working, was able to reach mysql server from other networked win boxes via mysql admin and navicat.  Went to work, came home. Now cannot even get out so far as to ping my router 192.168.1.1....

Any gurus with any suggestions????
And since i dont have loopback capability in my crappy verizon router ( i think), could you check my test apache page (i have a feeling you wont get thru right now).

http://orionmx.sytes.net

Thanks

#2 2006-03-04 04:01:39

fwempa

Re: Suddenly cant connect or ping to router or beyond....

Getting really frustrated here.... have tried all that i know... are there any other configs i should be checking?  Just dont get it.. I really did nothing since last night (that i can imagine) and yet i cannot even ping my router.
Is there a hidden config somewhere? I cant even pacman -Sy now!

Is there a log i can check????

ARRRRGGHHH :evil:

#3 2006-03-04 04:46:04

fwempa

OK... self solved... loaded module natsemi for my nic in rc.conf. and it worked...

i don't even remember why i tried that.   

ahhh, i ran hwd -h and noticed a hint to run modprobe natsemi.  not sure why that module was suddenly not there.  i am relatively new and would appreciate any input from an advanced user.

thanks

#4 2006-03-04 07:09:30

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

fwempa wrote:

ahhh, i ran hwd -h and noticed a hint to run modprobe natsemi.  not sure why that module was suddenly not there.  i am relatively new and would appreciate any input from an advanced user.

thanks

Recently, there was a lot of changes in udev and module autoloading at boot time. Maybe the module was previously autoloaded but  isn't anymore for some reason. That's the only explanation that I can give.

Board footer