You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-18 15:46:58

mojangsta

Are meta/forum help posts encouraged?

In this thread, I unnecessarily bumped the thread, in promoting the forum rule of adding [SOLVED] to the title of solved threads. Was making this recommendation the responsibility of the forum mods, and should I have PM'd the user, or done nothing at all?

I found nothing in the rules and wiki about this.

#2 2015-04-18 15:48:44

Awebb

Re: Are meta/forum help posts encouraged?

As long as nobody asks, no precedence will be made. The less precedence, the less rules. Rules suck. Just go with the flow and use common sense.

#3 2015-04-18 16:14:49

karol
Archivist

Different forums have different rules. Here it's OK for members to bump threads like this, no need to report it to the mods or e-mail the OP.
I think it's useful to mark threads that include a solution, so +1 from me.

#4 2015-04-18 16:15:37

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Awebb wrote:

Rules suck. Just go with the flow and use common sense.

Agreed!  Some are needed, but the fewer the better.

As for my unofficial recommendation, yes, please do encourage other users to follow our community standards rather than reporting it to mods/admins.  I say this not because I am lazy ... I mean I am, but that's not why I say it.  Rather I say this because this is our community.  Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer