You are not logged in.

#1 2006-03-24 18:02:35

gizmo

ndiswrapper not working

I screwed up my previous arch install, and instead of fixing it  i just installed a fresh one.. now i cant get ndiswrapper to work.. so i have no network on my arch-box..

i now have a fresh arch 0.7.1 install with nothing else installed.. i have to download ndiswrapper and other nessecery stuff on another box and install it manually (pacman -A).. so what do i need to get ndiswrapper working?

the last time i installed ndiswrapper i was using the ndiswrapper-bin package, i dont have these packages anymore..

i tried installing ndiswrapper-utils-1.10-3.pkg.tar + ndiswrapper-1.10-2.pkg.tar, that didnt work.. modprobe could not find the ndiswrapper module.. so i read some forum threads and tried installing the latest kernel kernel26-2.6.15.6-2.pkg.tar.. which didnt work either.. (i dont think i reinstalled ndiswrapper after upgrading the kernel, could this be the issue?).. i have no clue what to do next...

--newbie--

#2 2006-03-24 20:39:50

Lone_Wolf
Forum Moderator

Re: ndiswrapper not working

are you sure you need ndiswrapper to get the network up ?

please tell us what networkcard you have.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2006-03-25 04:32:41

The_Nerd
Website

i am also experencing the same problem.. there seems to be no module for ndiswrapper. i am going to try to compile from abs and i'll post back

#4 2006-03-25 04:36:17

The_Nerd
Website

just compiled from ABS and it worked fine. i'm not sure if its a bug or not.. can anyone else varify that the package does not work but buidling from abs does? i am using the stock arch kenernel so things should be working fine and i am using the regular "ndiswrapper" package, not the ndiswrapper-arch package.

#5 2006-03-25 05:08:13

iphitus
Forum Fellow

pacman -S ndiswrapper will get you the kernel module.

iphitus

#6 2006-03-25 14:55:10

gizmo

Lone_Wolf wrote:

are you sure you need ndiswrapper to get the network up ?

please tell us what networkcard you have.

Card: SMC EZ Connect G Wireless PCI
Modell: SMCWPCIT-G (EU)
Chipset: Atheros Super-G

I don't think madwifi-ng supports the Super-G chipset yet.. So I'm using ndiswrapper..

Where do I get the propper source-code for building with ABS, and how do I do it? Never used ABS..

Board footer